24 June 2011

Gone fishin' in Chi-Town

Well it's that time of year again and our summer holiday is beckoning. Like last year, the Nibbler family will be in magnificent Chicago. We had a blast last summer and can't wait to return. The Windy City is rapidly establishing itself as one of America's great culinary hotspots so I'm sure there'll be lots of good eating ahead.


A return visit to Alinea is on the cards, which I'm already super excited about. And if Achatz's latest venture, Next, ever decides to accept non-US credit cards, I might attempt a trip there. We've also planned visits to Girl & The Goat, Blackbird, and Naha. Also on my wish list are the burgers at Kuma's Corner, foie gras fries at Big & Little's, tamales at the rather bonkers Tamalli Space Charros food truck, which is manned by people wearing Mexican wrestling masks, and the new Wagyu Wagon food truck, which as its name suggests will only be serving Wagyu beef.

Of course, I'm sure there'll be some char-dogs, deep-dish pizzas, and Garrett popcorn consumed along the way too. Oh, and did I mention the Taste of Chicago festival will also be going on while we're there? I just hope my trousers still fit by the time we leave (*loosens belt a notch in anticipation*). If anyone has some good Chicago recommendations they'd like to share then do let me know.

I probably won't get the chance to blog as often as I like while I'm away, but I'll do my best. In the meantime god sommer everyone!

2 comments:

  1. You can score tickets for Next on Craigslist if you're particularly desperate, though there is definitely going to be a major markup on them. Also, if you're willing to wait in line for a while, Hot Doug's is worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we'll get to meet tonight with Krista! See you later.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete